Dog Behavior Problems
Is your dog out of control? Destroying your house? Impossible to walk? Here are just a few of the common dog behavior problems and issues that Amanda's No Tricks Just Treats! can help you address!
- Pulling on leash
- Teaching your dog to walk nicely on a leash - loose-leash walking.
- Growling - "Resource Guarding"
- Growling when someone approaches the pet's food/water bowl, bed or toys
- On-Leash Anxiety and Aggression
- Lunging at people, vehicles and other dogs when on leash
- Housebreaking / Housetraining / House Soiling Problems
- Housetraining your new puppy, remedial potty training for adult dogs.
- Not coming when called
- Name recognition and recall exercises.
- "Separation Anxiety"
- Whining, barking or being destructive when left alone.
- Impulse control
- Dogs who jump on people, "counter surf", jump on counters, steal food, etc.
- Excessive barking
- Dogs who bark constantly and at everything! I'll help you address this unnecessary barking.
- Handling and Grooming Issues
- Teaching your dog to accept positive handling and grooming on all areas of his/her body so that you can safely examine their feet, trim their nails, clean their ears, brush, bathe and groom them.
- Phobias and Anxieties
- Fearful reactions to people places or things
- Rushing through doorways
- Your pet will learn proper "doorway behavior".
- Lack of Attention
- Your dog will learn to focus on YOU when needed, any time and any place.
- Social Issues
- Dogs and other dogs, dogs and kids, making friends with strangers
- "Hyper" dogs
- Calming techniques, including "settle" exercises and massage
- To exciting/noisy/distracting objects or people
- Getting your new puppy used to a variety of people, places, things and other dogs. Remedial socialization for adult dogs who didn't receive this attention as puppies.
- Canine/Human Communication Problems
- Understand your pet and what they're trying to "tell" you.
Ready to get help?
or call: 201-674-8337